Although endangered species refers to both the plant and animal
kingdoms, this field trip's focus is endangered animals. How many
species have made their way onto the endangered species list and
how many have completely disappeared in the past fifty years? What
efforts are being made to protect animals and what can you do to
- Students will learn about endangered animals.
- Students will learn about the causes of the accelerated trend
of endangered and/or extinct species.
- How does an animal get on the endangered species list?
- What is the difference between extinct and endangered?
- Why do we care about endangered species?
Endangered Species Act